Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Super Simple Swim Cover Up - Beachy Tutorial Week


This week is my (couple) weeks of beachy tutorials! Why? Because I’m (I was) at the beach of course.
Check it out:

So in honor of Beachy Tutorial Week and the fact that I am (I was) at the beach, I am going to post my first girls beachy tutorial.

Super Simple Swimsuit Cover Ups

This is a two part tutorial. I am going to show you how to make two different styles of a swim cover up. This is the easiest thing to make and it took me a total of about 15 min for both.

Materials:
1 yd of a knit fabric that doesn’t fray
Ribbon
Specialty Elastic

Cover up 1:
Step1:
Start by fitting your child (I was going to make this one for Annie but it ended up being Sarah’s). put your fabric under their one arm and then pull it around the back and up under the opposite arm. Mark and cut.


Step 2:
Cut your ribbon to the length it takes to wrap around her arm plus 2”. Cut 2.

Step 3:
Sew the ribbon onto the two edges of the fabric
Guess what?! That’s it. Super simple, right?





Then to wear it - you crossover the left ribbon to the right arm and the right ribbon to the left arm - I will get a picture up soon!

Cover up number 2:
Step 1: Measure your fabric the same way as in cover up number 1. Sew the 2 ends together to make a tube.
Step 2 Measure your elastic around your child’s chest. I found this cool sequined stuff at WalMart so I just used that. Sew your two ends together.

Step 3:
Sew your elastic and fabric right sides together stretching the elastic to fit the fabric as you go.


Done! Again I used a non-fraying fabric so I didn’t have to hem it.




No comments:

Post a Comment